Information for CS50
CS50 is Harvard’s introductory computer science course. I publish information for the section I teach, as well as things helpful for the class in general, on this page.
Week 2: Section slides, Cheat sheet
Week 3: Section slides, Sorting algorithm animations
Week 4: Section slides, Cheat sheet (pointers and file I/O)
File pointers slides, Pointers slides, Dynamic memory allocation slides
Week 5: Section slides, Tries slides (note: syntax for structs not recommended)
Clarification on struct syntax, CS50 style recommendation for structs
Week 6: Midterm review
Week 7: No section due to CS50 coding contest
Week 8: Section slides (code examples in the repository)
Week 9: Section slides, In-class SQL example for JOINs and GROUP BY
Week 10: Section slides
- Section: Tuesdays 4:00-5:30pm in Northwest Labs B106.
- Targeted towards “less comfortable” students (but anyone is welcome to attend!). Section is technically optional, and you’re also free to attend whichever section you like
- Office hours: Mondays 4:00-5:00pm in [email protected] (67 Mt Auburn St, fourth floor)
- Priority given to students in my section, although anyone taking CS50 is welcome to attend.
- Also note CS50-wide office hours available 7 days a week. Calendar available online.
- Email: email [email protected] for all CS50-related concerns
- Helps me track our conversations through the term
- I respond to CS50-related questions (i) within 24 hours, and (ii) twice a day between 11am and 1am
- Prefix subject line with “Urgent” if urgent, although no guarantees made